Adobo sa Gata
- sauté pan
- 8 oz tempeh cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup pineapple cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1-2 pieces dried bay leaves
- 6 tbsp bragg organic coconut liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 sprays olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp peppercorns crushed
- 5 small sweet peppers
- Mix bragg organic coconut liquid aminos, garlic, crushed black peppercorn in a separate bowl.
- Slice tempeh in 1 inch cube and place into big bowl with bragg liquid aminos. Massage sauce into the tempeh by using your clean hands. Marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat up a your saute pan to high heat and lightly spray with olive oil. Lightly toast the tempeh with oil in a pan until it's just crispy on the outside. Then add the garlic from the marinade. Continue toasting until the garlic is golden.
- Add pineapple and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until it has caramelized.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: bay leaves, vinegar, and coconut milk.
- Slice sweet peppers and add to the pan. Lower heat and continue cooking until the milk has been reduced.
- Allow for creamy thick consistency. May add more peppercorns for extra spice. For extra nutritional value, add onto a side of brown rice or quinoa, then enjoy!